News & Events
One of Nashville’s oldest and most respected nonprofits, Family & Children’s Service often ‘fills in the gaps’ in the social services safety net, ensuring our community’s most vulnerable citizens receive the services they need to stay safe and healthy, and get connected to the resources they need to get back on their feet. FCS administers a wide range of programs including a 24/7 crisis call line, child and family counseling, health navigation, language interpretation, relative caregiver support, welfare-to-work, suicide loss and prevention, and more. On average, FCS provides services to more than 40,000 clients each year.
FCS last completed a capital campaign in the mid-1990s. Our current facility is just 14,000 square feet of office space with 32 parking spaces. We have one meeting room, a 700 square foot board room, which is not large enough for our 32-person board to meet, let alone our 90+ person staff. To meet space demands, FCS has over the years leased space around town at great cost. We hold staff meetings at the Red Cross. Because of our limited parking, we park next door at the Centennial Sportsplex and on the street, and when we have client events or board meetings, everyone has to move cars. We now have more than a dozen offices that hold two or more occupants. We are bursting at the seams. We truly need a new home for FCS.
In April of 2016, after more than two years of searching for affordable property, we purchased a warehouse at 2400 Clifton Avenue, just one mile from our current location in Midtown Nashville, that will be the future home of FCS.
Highlights of the new 32,000 the new home of Family & Children’s Service, include:
• The 6,000+ sq. foot CASA Conference and Training Center that will accommodate 250+ individuals for CASA volunteer trainings (they currently do not have a training space), FCS and partner agency trainings, and community meetings, and events.
• Separate, secure entrances to accommodate a ‘Safe Exchange’ program for separated and divorced parents sharing custody of children.
• A state of the art Crisis Call Center that will increase our capacity to more than 40,000 calls per year and collaborations with other hotlines and resource lines.
• Increased space for clinical and counseling services, including group, play and art therapy spaces.
• 50% more office and meeting space, including much-needed small and mid-sized meeting space, a catering kitchen suitable for events, and staff break area.
• Modern HVAC, lighting, windows, appliances, insulation, and building materials that will reduce operating costs.
• Ample parking for staff, clients and visitors.
FCS is currently seeking donations from individuals, foundations, and businesses to raise the funds needed to support this landmark campaign. For more information on how you can be involved, please contact T. Allen Morgan, Vice President of Advancement, at 615-340-9724 or email@example.com.
To donate directly to our Capital Campaign, please click here.
To see our capital campaign prospectus, click here: